fredag 7 augusti 2015

Brighton 2k15 part 1: The first three days

So my three weeks in Brighton has come to an end. It was really great in a lot of ways, completely exhausting, and sometimes just plain scary. I didn't really have time to blog or anything during my stay there, so here comes some of my adventures in Brighton 2015!

The travel there went really well. I got help checking all my twelve ladies in at the airport and we took off! One girl got a small panic attack during the flight, which was a bit scary. She had her friend next to her though and it was really nice seeing the girls she had known for just a couple of hours sitting and trying to comfort her.

When we arrived to England we took a bus to the meeting point, and after meeting my co-leader Georgia for the first time, and getting a quick briefing about everything, I and the austrian leader Julia got a taxi to our new host family. It was a super sweet couple in their fourties, Rich and Deryck. We got a "tour" of the 4 room apartment, and Rich made us a night snack. Later that night our third flatmate, the italian leader Valentina, arrived and the house was full!

a very proper british midnight snack I would say

The three roomies
The second day was all about briefings and orientation. I got to meet all the swedish kids for the first time, since I only flew with the twelve from Gothenburg (fifty in total) together with the swedish leader Satu. I also got to meet my activity group "Thistle" and Georgia showed me and Thistle around in Brighton. She later told me that she herself had only arrived in Brighton one day before us and basically managed the tour through google maps ;)

The moment I put my feet on English soil Bruce started to act up though, and refused to load his battery. I took him to a phone store, who basically told me that the cable was glitching. He survuved the whole stay in Brighton fortunately :)

I managed to explore some of my own as well. A quick photo into "the lanes"
 The lanes is two areas in Brighton which is pretty much small lanes filled with different shops. It is lovely just walking around in and it was my to go place just to spend a few hours getting lost in during my stay.

The third day me and Georgia got to meet Thistles' third leader: Pirta from Finland. She and her group arrived one day later than everyone else. Our group is now filled with three leaders and 29 students from Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Finland and Sweden!
Me and Georgia

Pirta
They told me in Stockholm that the first three days probably is the most difficult, and I can totally agree. Everything is new, you still don't know anything and trying to figure out where to find all information, and who to talk to when. At the samt time the kids call you constantly about all different kinds of things, and you want to help them with their problems.

But we survived our first three days! The rest should be easy sailing!

Right?

2 kommentarer:

  1. Gud vad kul Erika! Hoppas att få läsa mer :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tack! Ja jag vet inte om jag har så mycket spännande att berätta, men jag har en del bilder att visa, så något inlägg till blir det iaf ^^

      Radera